Chris Dyszel (Historian) Kathy Buczek (President) Carrie Myers Marnie McGarrigle
Kathy Roosa (R Sec) Rae Ann Resta (2nd VP) Jessie Shaffer Barbara Bennett
Brian Kern (Principal) Jahaira Paino (Treas.) Walter Nowak Linda Chorba
The meeting began at 7:50 PM
*Minutes from October were approved.
*Introduction of attendees.
- Welcome and thank you for coming.
- Thanks for your help at the Halloween Parade at parties and with the PTO provided snack/treat bags.
- Thank you to Kristen Nolan for help in acquiring author Eli Kowalski assembly and Barnes and Noble Night
- Thank you for those who will help with American Education Week
- Rhodies from Neshaminy HS (theater group) came and it was enjoyed by the students
- Fire Marshall did a presentation to Kindergarten
- March of Dimes: $166 dollars coordinated by Marie Sarle, thank you
- Coat Drive continues---please bring to nurses office
- Shoe collection by front door—recycle or reused. Thank you Nancy Ratner. Contest ends Dec.1 but you can still bring in afterwards
- More Smart Boards (7) have arrived! There was an installation glitch with the contractor, but the new contractors should be moving forward in the coming days
- Idea: I’d like to explore a “fantasy” lunch as a reward…
- Holiday food treats: Teachers will communicate the parameters of the day: It could be a “bring your own snack bag” or a “list of items to be served” will be provided so parents of allergy sufferers can opt in/out. Teacher will decide.
- March of Dimes $166.25
- KidStuff Coupon Books: $4,076.50 (with more being added to this amount soon)
- Halloween: $184.00
- Thank you to Halloween Helpers! Great teamwork. Fast work!
- Barnes and Noble: Huge success. Thank you to Kristen Nolan
- Food Drive: Thank you for donations
- Coat Drive: Amazing success
- Reuse Shoes Contest (see comments above)
- Art Helpers are moving along. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.
- Library helpers needed. Please contact the PTO at the above email address if you would like to help
- No coffee talk tomorrow due to American Education Week
- Fall Fundraiser pick-up tomorrow at 3:50-7 PM ish and Friday11:00 AM -1:00 PM
- Ice Skating Party: Nov.19, 4-6 PM
- KidStuff Coupon Books: Outstanding sale! Thank you for supporting this fundraiser with a purchase and to all liaisons for helping us to surpass last year’s record! Kathy Roosa, Chairperson
*Calendar of Events:
Happening Now: Reuse Shoe Contest- Ends Dec.1st. Help Heckman win $1000.00Thursday, Nov. 17th.
1.) Parent Visitation – 9:30AM -11:30AM, afternoon Kindergarten 1:15-3:00PM.
2.) Fall Fundraiser Pick up- 3:50PM- 7PM
3.) No Coffee Talk
Nov.21st- No School --Kindergarten students only (conferences)
Nov.22nd-25th- No school - Happy Thanksgiving! Dec. 5th-9th~Scholastic BookFair – Looking for volunteers for Set up, classroom help and Break down. Please email the PTO at PTO@HeckmanPTO.org subject: BookFair Help. Family night Friday Dec.9th
Dec.9th-Holiday Extravaganza- Help needed everywhere. Concessions, Holiday shop, bake sale table, Bake sale donations, Spirit wear table, Set up, Break down and more. Please contact the PTO at PTO@HeckmanPTO.org if you are able to help out. All help welcome and appreciated!
Dec.9th- Scholastic BookFair Family Night- 6-8PM
No December PTO Meeting: Happy Holidays Everyone! See you in January.
Jan. 9th-13th~Acts of Kindness Week- School Event
Jan. 18th- PTO Meeting 7:45PM: Looking forward to see you there!
Jan.19th- Coffee Talk- 9:30AM in the Cafeteria. Children welcome!
Jan. 23rd-Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant Night- Langhorne, Rt.1
Jan. 23rd- Heckman Sprit Day- Wear your red/blue or Heckman shirt
Jan. 31st-Feb.3rd- Footballs in the Halls~ Benefits the Leukemia Society.
*Teacher Report – none this month
The meeting adjourned at 8:24 PM